Final Course Reflection

Throughout this semester in Digital Media, I learned about how to create different types of digital art. I learned how to edit photos, create my own song, and video.  I also learned about how to create digital art using my own 2D drawings and paintings to create a new digital version of it.

I have improved my knowledge in digital media and learned how to use different software’s, such as Soundation, PixlrX, and ScribblerToo, among many others.  I learned that digital art can be very time consuming and requires a lot of thought and planning, but is worth it when the work is complete in the end.

The skills that I have accomplished in this class was learning how to create my own mashup video, song, and creating 2D artwork from different software’s.  I have had experience with editing photos before this class, but I think I have only enhanced my editing skills using PixlrX. The skills I think I still need to develop more include song and video making, since this was the first time where I had to create my very own mashup song and video.

In addition to learning how to create digital art, I also had the chance to participate in group discussion activities each week with my classmates.  I learned how to talk about my own work and critique my peer's work. That is very important as an artist to discuss your own ideas behind your work in addition to constructively critiquing other people's work.  I enjoyed participating in those discusses and receiving positive feedback from my classmates. 

Overall, this class has taught me a lot about how to create different kinds of digital artwork.  I really enjoyed this class and learning how to use different software’s in creating it.  This class has helped me a lot as an artist because it has expanded my knowledge of digital artwork that I can create in the future. It has also helped me as an aspiring art teacher because of the knowledge and skills I have gain throughout each assignment I completed.  I have learned how to create different types of digital artwork that I could teach my students how to do, such as editing photos and creating their own video.  Digital Media has made me appreciate digital art more and I hope to use what I have learned throughout this semester in my own art classroom one day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Mashup

DIY Bracelets

Generative Art