Urban Landscape Adventure



Ancient Chain (Edited), a photo by
  lila015 on Flickr
This past week, I went on a photo shoot for my Digital Media class.  We were asked to take 20 photos around our city based on the theme "Urban Landscape."  During my photo shoot, I was looking for many old abandoned buildings, and urban decay on objects, such as on the chain shown here.  I took this photo in my own garage and I saw the rusted old chain attached to the garage door.  The moment I saw it, I knew I wanted to take a picture of it because of how old and rusted it looked with all the cobwebs around it.  I titled it Ancient Chain because of how decayed it looked and it kind of reminded me of an old rusted pirate ship chain with all the debris surrounding it.  I took this raster-based image with my 7 megapixel Apple iPod touch camera.  The image has a resolution of 2448 x 3264 which equals to 7,990,272 or 7 megapixels total, which is the maximum number of pixels that it records. 



I edited this photo using Pixlr X.  I liked the size    
of the image and did not crop or optimize it.
When exploring the different features and 
effects this application had, I really liked how the Darkstreet filter effect looked when applied to the photo.  I then increased the vibrance and saturation to bring out more of the color on the chain.  I adjusted the contrast, shadow, and used the vignette tool so the wooden background would disappear and make the values of the chain stand out more.  I also sharpened it to make the debris and texture on the chain look more crisp and clean.  This was my favorite photo that I edited because I loved how the strong contrast of the lights and darks looked in the image.  I took this picture early in the morning when the sun was starting to peak out and am glad it radiated some light on the left side of the chain.  Overall, I am very pleased how this photo edit came out.  I really enjoyed editing all my photos for that assignment and would highly recommend people to use Pixlr X to edit their photos.   





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Mashup

DIY Bracelets

Generative Art