Desk Organizer



The previous DIY organizer I made was specifically for storing your pencils and papers.  This DIY is a desk organizer that you can use to store bigger items that you may have.  For mine, I stored some of my art supplies and small notebooks that I would need to use frequently.  This DIY Desk Organizer was inspired by the art/crafty YouTubers, JENerationDIY (Jennifer) and SoCraftastic (Sarah). 

 


To start off this DIY, I first collected all the boxes I would need to store my supplies.  The big cardboard box was a bigger version of the frozen pizza box I used for my Telephone Table Organizer.  Inside of it, I inserted four boxes and one piece of cardboard that I used as line divider to make more compartment space.  I forgot what three of the boxes used to be, but the small magazine holder was another granola box that I used to store my small notebooks.  Once I gathered all my boxes and figured out how I wanted to arrange them, I then decorated all the boxes. For the biggest box, I covered it with light blue construction paper.  Then, I took different colored pattern scrapbook paper and glued it towards the bottom of the box.  I decided that I didn’t like seeing the light blue, I painted it over with gold paint and put pink duct tape around the edges to prevent them from getting ruined.  I added another piece of scrapbook paper in the center and wrote “stuff” on it because although it mostly stored some of my art supplies, it also stored some random stuff that I wanted quick access to.  For all the smaller boxes inside, I decorated the outsides with construction paper, scrapbook paper, and the outside of a gift bag.  I decided to paint the insides of the boxes and covered the edges with duct tape.  I glued all the boxes inside the organizer and then glued the piece of cardboard divider between one of the boxes and one side of the organizer.  Since I could still see some of the bottom of the organizer, I colored it with a pink sharpie to match the pink theme that I was going for.  Lastly, I organized all my items inside and placed it on top of my desk.  


As you can see from the pictures, my desk organizer can hold a lot of stuff.  The box in the far back hold my Crayola pencils and crayons.  I put my calculator in it as well in case I needed to calculate something quickly.  The box in the front on the left side holds my two containers of Prismacolor colored pencils and clear Scotch packaging tape.  Next to the box, I put two glue sticks and my Workable Fixative spray for my artwork.  The divider next to that separates it from my masking tape and pencil sharpener.  The small granola box holds my small notebooks that I use for my journals.  Finally, I used the small box in front to hold a pencil or pen, but it was empty at that time I took this photo.  This desk organizer has become very helpful for me and can easily move on and off the desk. 

What you will need:
  • A big cardboard box (can be a pizza or shoe box)
  • Smaller boxes for different compartments 
  • A cardboard divider (optional)
  • Glue
  • Duct Tape/clear tape
  • Scissors
  • Paint, paper, and markers (or whatever else you would like to decorate the boxes with)  

Step 1: Collect all the boxes you can find for your organizer and figure out how you would like to arrange them
Step 2: Decorate the boxes however you would like.  Inside can be optional
Step 3: Glue all the boxes inside and a divider if you choose to have one in your organizer and let it dry
Step 4: Decorate any other areas that seem plain, such as the sides and bottom of the organizer
Step 5: Organize all your items you would like to have a quick access to and place it on your desk for everyone to see! 

Hope you found this DIY helpful!  See you all next time!  Happy crafting! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Mashup

DIY Bracelets

Generative Art