DIY Fabric Posters

I made this DIY for fun! If you have old clothes that you don’t wear anymore, but still like how it looks or a certain design on it, then this DIY will be fun for you to create! 


The first poster I made was with an old nightshirt I had.  I really liked how the shirt looked with the “Why Stop Dreaming When You Wake Up?” quote on it and didn’t feel like throwing or giving it away, so instead, I decided to repurpose it.  To repurpose it, I cut the shirt down to the size of a rectangular poster and then stapled it onto a poster board (tip: I suggest that you should glue it on since that will hold it better and make it look nicer).  I didn’t have glue at the time I made this DIY, so I improvised.  I then hung it on my wall with clear tape and it looked super cute, especially at night, since it was a glow-in-the-dark nightshirt! 


The second poster I made was with one of my old summer dresses I used to wear.  It was a yellow summer dress that looked very cute with the flower design that was on it. I really liked the flower on the dress and didn’t want to throw it away and decided to DIY it.  I cut the flower out, leaving some of the yellow around the edges, and hot glued it onto an orange poster board.  I hung it on my wall with clear tape.  It gave my room a bit of a summer vibe with all the bright colors.  I was super happy with how it looked in my room and added a pop of color to my plain beige walls.  I love this type of DIY because of how you can repurpose your clothes and make it into something new, such as a colorful poster for your room!  Now, I’m not suggesting doing this with all your clothes because it’s nice to donate them for someone in need.  This DIY is good to do if you have any old clothes you still might have laying around that you know would not be good to donate (especially if it has a stain or a hole in it) and that you think you could repurpose it into something new! 

What you will need: 
  •  Old piece(s) of clothing(s) 
  • Poster board
  • Scissors 
  • Hot glue or fabric glue
  • Anything else that you would like to add to your poster to make it your own custom design (such as gems, glitter, or different kinds of fabric) 
Here are the steps to creating your own DIY Fabric Poster:

Step 1: Go through any old clothing that you may have in your closet and see if there is a design or saying that you would still like to keep (but make sure that it’s something that you know you will not wear anymore). 
Step 2: Cut out your design, lay it out on the poster board, and add anything else to it that you would like before you glue it down.
Step 3: Glue your design on a piece of poster board.
Step 4: Hang it up on your wall for all your friends to see your very own DIY poster!  

Hope you all found this DIY fun to make!  Let me know if you happen to recreate this DIY!  I'd love to see your recreation of this DIY!  See you all in the next blog post!  Have fun crafting! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video Mashup

DIY Bracelets

Generative Art