Video Mashup



This week, we were asked to make a video mashup with our audio mashup we created a few weeks ago.  I used iMovie to create my video. Making this video mashup was fun for me to create, but was also very time consuming.  I believe that I was successful in bringing it all together and finding video clips for each audio sound in my song.  I wanted to make an upbeat and fun video to match my audio clip and I think I was successful in doing that.  I chose many random clips, but was also trying to make it somewhat cohesive with the video graphics and dance clips I chose.  My favorite clip is the band playing the xylophone because I think it fits well with the xylophone sound I chose in that part of the song.

The music in my audio clip sounded upbeat and I wanted to include some hip hop dance clips to make it like a dance video.  I chose the ballet dance for the last clip because I thought it fit well and was calming with the end sound.  In editing, I didn’t use transitions because when I tried, it would mess up the timing and placement of my clips, even when I decreased the timing of the transition. I am glad, however, that the dance clip in the beginning has transitions already included.  I edited the colors of some of the clips to give it different effects. For example, I used the aged film effect in the ballet clip to make it look like an old video clip. 

If I could change one thing in my mashup, I would change the second hip hop video clip from the 90’s because I don’t like how blurry the faces look and the quality of the video.  I would try to find a clearer and more recent hip hop clip to replace it with.  The most difficult part completing this assignment was finding clips I wanted to include.  I knew I wanted to make an upbeat video with some of the graphics I chose, but I didn’t know how to figure out the rest until I experimented more with the idea of including dance clips to make it upbeat.  I learned that video editing is very time consuming and requires a lot of thought and effort.  It is also very fun in the editing process and is awarding in the end to see it all together and published.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Bracelets

Generative Art